Lemmy Release v0.11.0
Written by @dessalines and @nutomic, 2021-04-27
Since our last release this month, we’ve had ~60 commits to Lemmy.
- Add option to disable strict allowlist ( #1486) documentation
- Add option to limit community creation to admins only (#1587)
- Many search improvements:
- Don’t search for communities or users when the id is included.
- Add creator id to search.
- Adding a user setting to show / hide scores. Fixes #1503
- Add option to hide read posts. Fixes #1561
- Mark accounts as bot, and hide bot posts/comments
- Adding a short site description, to be used for joinlemmy instance list
- Adding matrix id validation. Fixes #1520
- Adding users active monthly for community sort. Fixes #1527
- Don’t allow zero-space char in display name. Fixes #1317
- Adding more rust captcha features. Fixes #1248
- Fixing slur filter regex. Fixes #1593
ChangePassword as a separate endpoint from
- No other breaking changes, but many fields that were previously required are now optional.
- A full list of the API changes can be seen on this diff of lemmy-js-client: 0.10.0 -> 0.11.0 .
- Implement federated bans fixes #1298
- Remote mods can update/delete/undelete communities.
- Updating translations.
- Add UI version to UI via docker. Fixes #263
- Add Korean language
- Add check for unused languages in update_translations.sh
- Validate matrix id on the front end. Fixes #245
- Communities page sorts by monthly active users. Fixes #244
- Correctly render HTML in popup notifications
- Fix html notif bug. Fixes #254
- Fixing issue with debounce. Fixes #236
If you’d like to make a DB backup before upgrading, follow this guide.
To upgrade your instance to
v0.11.0, simply follow the instructions in the documentation:
Clients / Apps